Event Rentals Q&A
Do you have a parking lot?
Garage parking is available on an hourly basis at numerous nearby locations. The closest garage is the 2020 Kittredge Street Garage. For more information on parking downtown, please visit the City of Berkeley’s off-street parking information.
Who may I hire to cater my event?
Dharma College has relationships with professional caterers. We can accommodate a vegetarian lunch for $25/person which includes a dessert.
What are your food and beverage policies?
We are a vegetarian and alcohol free facility.
What services are offered with my rental?
Event Planning Services
From the time of contract to the end of your event, our community manager is available to assist with the creation of floor plans and room layouts, meal arrangements, explanations of our building and food and beverage service policies, and advice on how to make your event as zero-waste and low-impact as possible.
Our facility staff will set up and take down tables and chairs in advance of, and after, your event. Our staff will let you into the building, ensure a clean facility upon arrival, and provide modest assistance to you and your guests throughout your event alongside you/your team. They will also monitor the building and lock up upon your departure. We ask for a $80 set up/cleanup fee for a full day
If you need access to our sound, projection, to set up and tear down AV equipment and, for some rentals, the operation of that equipment throughout the event.
What audio/visual equipment is available?
We have an audio/visual projector along with a drop down screen.
What furniture and supplies are included with my rental?
We offer the following sustainably designed equipment and furniture at no additional charge. Items are subject to availability and must be reserved in advance. Please note that CoWorking With Wisdom does not provide linens.
- (8) 3×5 foot rolling tables
- (80) Plastic chairs
- (1) 36’ x 48’ rolling double sided magnetic dry erase board
- (1) Portable Projector screen
- (1) Portable Projector
- Whiteboard on wall in discovery Conference Center
- Whiteboard on 2 walls of the Body Movement Room
- Projector, Projector screen, PA system, a variety of microphone and cables available in Skillful Means Conference Center
What is your payment and cancellation policy?
- A booking deposit of 50% of the full rental fee is due when a contract is signed. The remaining 50% is due one month prior to the event. In the case of cancellation:
- More than 90 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the booking deposit is refunded
- 30 to 90 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the booking deposit is retained
- Less than 30 days before the first scheduled date: 100% of the full rental fee is retained For questions not addressed here, please contact our Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org